Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cluck...Old Hen...

With the crispness...in the air...and a near, Frost...last night...I realize...Summer...will be leaving Iowa...soon...
Seems...we didn't have nearly enough time, together...and I am, so very sad...to let her go...
Fall...is softly...whispering in my ear....with a promise...it will be Gentle...
I do love Fall... My Heart...turns inward...I begin to 'Nest'...
Getting the oven going....baking... all the wonderful aromas....that fill the house... Hot Coffee...always tastes just a little better...on a crisp morning...
I wrote on my Simply Iowa Facebook... I feel like writing...in my Iowa Farm House Style Blog...today... and when I visited it...I was enveloped... it's Fall..... I am Home... this, truly is, where my Heart is...
I was unprepared...so...I wondered, what would I say...
Then...I remembered, my fond memories...as a tiny child...on our Farm...
It was my job, at three...to gather the eggs... the old granite ware colander, with a bail handle, is the one I used, to gather eggs...Mom gave it to me, when she moved into an apartment.....
Oh my...the memories...those Old Hens....how they would Cluck, and scold me....when I'd try and get them off the nest.... They would peck my hands... and they would, also keep their eggs... There was no way...I would fight those Old Gals... Mama could do that...thank you very much!
We had some wonderful Chickens... I so enjoyed feeding them...
Ah...Farm Life...it was good...
I'll be posting more, here... as Fall pulls me in...Not every day...like my Simply Iowa, blog... but, as I Nest... and turn inward...to Home...
I'll be seeing you...
Barb C.

No comments:

Post a Comment